FUN (and funny):
- Lance and I saw LEO, an altered- gravity production at WSU. Incredibly ingenious.
- On a quiz in 8th grade science I asked the students to identify the basic building block of matter. Angel’s answer was mud. [In case you are wondering, the correct answer was “atom”.]
- At 7:30 a.m. (outside temperature 22 degrees F), Miles said to me, “Do you want to go outside and play basketball with me?” Do I WANT to? NO!!!! I told him to rephrase the question. “Will you go outside and play basketball with me?” he asked. Yes. (Brrrrrrr!)
- A cute guy asked Grace for her phone number, which was a first for her. A girl who said to Grace “You are cute” also asked for her phone number, another first for her.
- Grace is babysitting a mini-Australian Shepard (Shiloh) for 2-3 months @ $100/month. She loves Shiloh. We tolerate Shiloh. Zorro hates Shiloh.
- In October, just before the first killing frost, I brought my potted geraniums inside and put them in the office window. For the first time, I have flowers in the winter.
- During the Utah Theater Association conference Tanah auditioned for several acting scholarship. She got a call back from fine arts school in New York City inviting her to audition again Saturday at the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake City, which she did. According to her, her performance was not stellar but the opportunity was. The change to audition for a fine arts school—WOW! The girl auditioning behind her told her that she’d been in 12 plays at Capitol Theater. Wow again. At audition’s end the school’s representative spend over 10 minutes tutoring and encouraging her. It was Tanah’s first call-back audition but it certainly won’t be her last.
- Grace placed in the Top 5 this week in both the FFA Regional Creed Speaking Contest and the Herriman Debate Tournament, Legislative competition.
- On January 27th, 713 people visited my blog, a record high. Last week (Sunday to Saturday) 2787 people saw the blog, also a record. THANK YOU for dropping in!
May February’s first week be fun for you!