Please join us in thanking our military servicemen and women, those who have served as well as those who are serving.
At Sand Ridge Junior High School, as his Eagle project, Miles is coordinating an “Operation: Gratitude” campaign. During lunches, students will be invited to write THANK YOU cards to those who have served and are serving in our military. We invite you to do the same.
Following are the guidelines for the letters:
- Begin “Dear Service Member” or “Dear Hero”
- Express thanks
- Tell about self: family, hobbies, pets
- Talk about life here: sports, weather, music, movies
- If you are not sure what to say, draw a picture
- Please do NOT put a date on the letter
- If you are an adult, include contact information.
- End with “Sincerely” and sign name
From the Operation: Gratitude website: “Every Operation Gratitude Care Package includes a bundle of letters from the American people, thanking Troops, Veterans, New Recruits, Wounded Heroes and their Caregivers, or First Responders for their service to our country. Care Package recipients tell us these letters, notes, and drawings are the most cherished items in their box.” https://www.operationgratitude.com/express-your-thanks/write-letters/
Please send or email your THANK YOU message to us. We will put all the expressions of gratitude into a boxed bundle and send them to Operation: Gratitude. firstname.lastname@example.org OR Operation: Gratitude, ℅ Miles Hislop, 1435 Lincoln Ave, Ogden, UT 84404.